Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Ahem...drumroll please!!!

Progress 2
It's not much, but that's your first look at the project on which I'm currently working. Meet "Backyard Leaves", another scarf from my new favorite knitting book, Scarf Style. I want to knit EVERYTHING in this book. Ok, there are two or three scarves in there that I'm not crazy about but even those are nice, just not my style. My only complaint about the book is nearly all the photographs seem to have been taken in very soft lighting and so you can't clearly see the stitch detail in each scarf. But I digress. You probably can't tell from the picture but I swear there's actually a discernible pattern in there somewhere, and a gorgeous one at that. Don't believe me? Take a look at this:
Another view
Backyard leaves scarf
Sure, it looks pretty but those pictures don't really do this scarf justice. I didn't realize how beautifully designed it is until I looked at the many photos of it on other knitting blogs. It's also a fun knit, just complex enough to make it interesting but not so complicated that I'm constantly frustrated. I'm a little concerned that the color I'm using is a little too dark to showcase the intricate pattern. I guess I'll just have to wait to see what it looks like as things progress.

Lady Eleanor update: I ordered the yarn for this pattern on Saturday and it should be here either today or tomorrow (fingers crossed!!). I found a great deal on Noro Silk Garden on ebay and decided to purchase the 10 skeins of yarn required for this project. It cost me $88 but that's not too bad considering how much Silk Garden usually costs. I can't wait!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home