Monday, May 22, 2006

Marilyn is dead. Nearly two weeks worth of work has been unravelled and rolled into three baseball-sized balls of yarn. Really, it was the best thing to do. It's all my fault for not reading through the entire pattern before starting. If I had, I'd have noticed the schematics on the third page which clearly show the final measurements of the front and back panels of the sweater and realized a few days ago that my measurements were WAY off. But you know what, it's a learning experience and now I know what NOT to do next time I knit a sweater. I don't know if Marilyn will ever come into existence because at this point, I don't think I can bear starting the pattern a third time. I'm ready to try something new.

Perhaps this? Yes, it's yet another scarf and I need more practice knitting clothing and blah, blah, blah. But it's so pretty! And frankly, after all the wasted effort put into Simply Marilyn I want something that will take me less than a week to finish. I have a small ball of Diakeito yarn that's a bluish-green with flecks of gold which would be absolutely perfect for this. I saw it at Seaport Yarns and fell in love with it, but couldn't justify buying more than one ball because it costs $13. Although I don't think it'd be suitable for anything that required more than one or two balls of it because it's so shimmery. Which is beautiful in small doses but tacky otherwise.

1 Comments:

Blogger Nerine said...

My condolences regarding Marilyn's demise.

However, I'm all for scarves and feel the world (especially our part) could use more. Esecially scarves that can be worn in non-snow environments.

11:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home