Monday, May 15, 2006

What a weekend. I spent the entire weekend indoors working on Simply Marilyn. The good news is that for the first time in a while, I got in a good 4 hours of knitting time and made quite a bit of progress on Simply Marilyn. The bad news? I had to frog it. And start ALL OVER AGAIN!!!! Ack!

At first I blamed the somewhat ambiguous pattern instructions for leading me astray. But now I'm beginning to suspect that I didn't get the proper gauge before starting the project. The pattern calls for US 10 1/2 and 10 needles, but I decided to use size 9s instead because (a) I broke my 14" size 10s and didn't think it would be wise to knit a sweater on my short 10s; and (b) I've seen a few versions of the sweater that were knit on smaller needles and preferred the look. I vaguely remember knitting a swatch on size 9s and getting an accurate gauge but I probably imagined it. Serves me right for being so impatient!

In case there's anyone reading who is yet to witness the beauty that is Simply Marilyn, feast your eyes on
this.

3 Comments:

Blogger Nerine said...

hey knit nerd. congrats on your blog.

the simply marilyn is nice- keep at it. i like the promo pic of the sweater over the wedding gown. are you doing pink too?

5:50 PM  
Blogger Nerine said...

on behalf of tony: why didn't you call it knit nerd?

6:22 PM  
Blogger Shayo said...

Hey Kuna, thanks for stopping by! My sweater's going to be purple, only because that's what I have lying around.

And please tell Tony that I decided against knit nerd because there're too many knitting blogs out there with the word "knit" in the blog name. I wanted something random, so I chose moonshine betty.

7:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home