Friday, June 16, 2006

Thanks to a delivery from a good friend I may be starting a new project this weekend. I ordered this last week and it arrived a few days ago, its pages filled with pictures of beautiful scarves and shawls. I'm already coveting the Lady Eleanor Entrelac stole which seems to have been knit by every knitter in the blogosphere except me. From what I've seen Lady Eleanor is lovely and dramatic, the kind of accessory that is likely to elicit gasps of wonder from anyone who witnesses it. I MUST have it!

The only thing that might keep me from starting this as soon as I'd like to is the fact that it requires 15 skeins of La Lana yarn. One skein costs $24 so I'm looking at $360 for 15 skeins...no thanks. Several bloggers used Noro Silk Garden as a substitute but one skein of that is about $10 and so I'll have to spend about $150, which is a lot better than $240 but still a tad too much for my liking. Although, the Noro has about 110 yards per skein whereas La Lana only has 81 yards and so I'll need fewer skeins. Regardless, I'm going to have to scour ebay for a cheaper deal. Maybe I'll make one of the other scarves from the book in the interim.

In other non-knitting news, Zeb and I have been having lots of fun watching Degrassi Junior High on DVD. I LOVE this show! I'd heard several people (including Zeb) rave about it and so I rented Degrassi, The Next Generation thinking it was the same show. Well, it's not. It's actually an updated version of Degrassi Junior High centering around the lives of a bunch of kids, some of whom are the offspring of characters featured in the original. The show was pretty good but I have to say that the original is so much better. Yeah, the acting is occasionally laughable but the show is the most honest and realistic portrayal of adolescent life that I've ever seen. It also showcases some of the worst hair and bad '80s fashion I've ever seen. If I ever have kids they're going to be forced to watch every episode of Degrassi.

1 Comments:

Blogger Nerine said...

oh wow, that is a beautiful scarf, worth the 110 bucks or whatever- more valuable would be the bragging rights.

9:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home