Monday, July 17, 2006

I haven't posted recently because I'm currently suffering from mid-project knitteritis. Those of you who knit may be familiar with this dreaded affliction which, as the name suggests, strikes when you're halfway through a knitting project. Suddenly the precious knitting project to which you eagerly devoted nearly every minute of your spare time becomes a bothersome chore that's taking forever to finish. So it has become with the Lady Eleanor and I. "I can't wait to get home and knit," has turned into "Sl 1, knit 6, ssk, dear God will this tedium ever end, turn work, purl 8." That said, Lady Eleanor is coming along beautifully. It's about 22" long now and the pattern really shows off the colors of the Noro colorway I chose. I'm just tired of working on it and want to be finished with it already!

I've decided that the only cure for mid-project knitteritis is to start a new project. I'm hoping eventually I'll get so tired of working on my replacement project that Lady Eleanor will seem novel and exciting in comparison.
Backyard leaves was supposed to be my backup but sadly, I had to unravel it yesterday because the yarn got badly tangled. So I've been on the hunt for a new project, preferably one that's quick, easy and doesn't require the use of any scratchy yarns (it's far too hot for that). Maybe socks or gloves?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home