Friday, October 06, 2006

Yarn, glorious yarn

Look at what the mailman brought me:

Yarnpallooza


Cascade 220


Crappy photo quality and messy apartment background aside, aren't the colors beautiful? Especially that blue-green yarn, it's so vibrant. These are the colors that will be used in my Fair Isle Jazz scarf which will be started once I finish winding all those hanks of yarn into balls, hopefully this weekend.

As far as Christmas knitting goes, I'm currently working on a scarf for my sister Funmi. Here's what I've done so far:

Backyard leaves


Look familiar? Well, Backyard Leaves has been knit by practically everyone in the knitting blogoverse so it could be because you've seen one of the jillion photos of it floating around the internet. Or perhaps you recognize the pattern from the picture of my own Backyard Leaves scarf that I posted back in June. Sadly, I didn't get very far with my scarf because I found the pattern a bit too challenging. Funny, because I haven't had any problems with the pattern this time around and actually find it very easy. Maybe my chart-reading skills have improved? Who knows...

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This scarf is looking beautiful Shayo! I expect your skills have progressed from your first trial!
The photo of the hanks of yarn - makes me want to pick up my needles, after shopping for the perfect yarn of course! I was recently in a knitters shop with all the most amazing & 'hard to find' yarns. Those colors & textures, I could have moved right in!

10:16 AM  
Blogger Nerine said...

i like your new font- makes everything look clean and updated.
lovely yarn

10:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mmm, they are beautiful. I just love Cascade 220. Fair Isle Jazz was a fun knit! And I have to laugh because I just barely finished Backyard Leaves. You are a blogger of my own heart.

Thanks for the link!

10:50 AM  
Blogger mgarner said...

I am very much impressed w/ Brooklyn Knit Nerd's accomplishments. I have yet to deliver all those knit books obtained during an obsession or 2 of mine.........

4:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home