Thursday, September 14, 2006

Birthdays come but once a year

What’s green, cute and about the size of a cat? Give up? Well, I don’t blame you because those clues aren’t very good. Try these:

Another view Needle
Hello Kitty!

Why, it's my brand-new Hello Kitty sewing machine, which was a birthday gift from Zeb.

My new sewing machine


As adorable as it looks in these pictures you'd have to see it in person to fully grasp the overwhelming cuteness of this thing. I'm not even a Hello Kitty fan but I absolutely love it. It looks like a toy but it's actually fully functional; in fact, Zeb did a ton of research before buying it and discovered that it's one of the better models on the market right now. I have no idea how to sew or operate a sewing machine, but I've ordered a few books on sewing and I'm sure I will have learned the basics in a few weeks or so.

My 26th birthday (which was on September 11th, for those who don't know) was lots of fun. We both had the day off and so Zeb made me a delicious birthday breakfast comprised of home fries, bacon and ham w/syrup. I made buttermilk waffles which were cooked
on my new grill/waffle iron (another gift from Zeb) and we stuffed ourselves silly.

Birthday breakfast

Later on in the day, we met up with friends for dinner at an East Village Indian restaurant called Raj Mahal (not to be confused with Taj Mahal restaurant which is on the same block). I've been to Raj Mahal a few times and not only is the food delicious and inexpensive but they have a pretty extensive menu. We ate, drank and made merry for several hours before going our separate ways; in short, a fun time was had by all.

Mmmmm.... Dinner at Raj Mahal

And now for some knitting content...I promised some more photos of the completed Lady E. and so here they are:

More Lady E.

I'm sorry that these photos aren't very good but they're the best I could do for now. Lady E.'s size makes photographing her without assistance very difficult. All in all, I'm very pleased with the way it turned out. Entrelac seemed very intimidating to me at first but now that I've completed an entrelac project I know it's not as difficult as it seems. I chose not to block Lady E. to preserve the measurements: it's about 17" wide and 60" long so it's more of a scarf than a stole which is perfectly fine with me, since I'm not a stole-wearin' kind of gal.

1 Comments:

Blogger Xia Diaz said...

Happy Birthday! I love the sewing machine!

7:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home