Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Home again, home again, jiggity jig!

I'm back! We left last Friday for a mini-vacation to Vermont to visit Zeb's grandmother and some of his family members, and got back yesterday. We had lots of fun but the time off was much too short, considering we spent most of Friday and Tuesday in transit. Oh well, serves us right for going Greyhound. It may be cheaper but really, you're better off paying the extra money for a train or a plane if it means you get to your destination quicker and have more time to enjoy your vacation. Anyway, we really enjoyed ourselves so it was worth it. Zeb's relatives were all extremely nice and hospitable. We ate lots of good food, went kayaking and fishing, slept in a tent, played board games and, thanks to Kuna and Tony, came away with enough chocolate and candy to last us for months (ha!). I'd post some photos but, absentminded fool that I am, I kept forgetting to bring my camera with me whenever we left the house and so I only have a few photos of Zeb and his family taken on our last night. Hopefully, Kuna will post some on her blog soon.

I didn't do any knitting while away, although I brought Lady Eleanor along for the trip and enjoyed showing her off to Zeb's relatives, who oohed and aahed over her gorgeousness. We also visited a yarn store in St. Albans called Gwen's Antiques and Wool. The owner had a nice selection of yarn at pretty good prices. Unfortunately I didn't buy anything because I didn't have my yarn shopping list with me and didn't want to buy yarn that I wasn't planning to use for a specific project. But it was nice just to look around.

In other exciting news, I am officially a member of the New York City Knitters ring (check out my ring code on the bottom right side of my blog) ! Or at least, I think I am. I'm not sure if I'm supposed to get some sort of official confirmation e-mail or something but I'll just assume I am until I get an e-mail stating otherwise. I'm so excited by this you'd think it's a huge deal but it really isn't. All it means is I'm part of an online group of New York City knitting gals and guys which makes it easier for anyone looking for NYC knitters to find my blog. Cool, huh?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home