Monday, August 14, 2006

Waste not...

Buying yarn before you have a specific project for which you will use it is a bad, BAD idea. I came to this conclusion while digging through my yarn basket over the weekend, when I realized that I have absolutely no idea what to do with the 25 skeins of yarn sitting in there. About 15 of them are skeins of boucle yarn that Zeb bought for me on ebay, after I salivated over pictures of them. Of course it didn't occur to me at the time that buying 15 skeins of boucle yarn wasn't very wise because there are only so many things you can knit with boucle. Things like scarves, throws...and scarves. Another useless gem is a cone of what appears to be 5, 000 yards of cotton yarn in a nice aqua shade. Okay, I'm exaggerating; it's only 1,000 yards but still way more aqua cotton yarn than I will probably ever need. Hmmm, maybe I'll knit some nice aqua dishcloths for everyone I know...

2 Comments:

Blogger Nerine said...

how about a mixed afghan? or a patchwork afghan? i always think they're great.

3:05 PM  
Blogger Shayo said...

Yeah, I'll probably end up making an afghan or something similar. It's just that knitting one would be so repetitive and I'm not looking forward to that. Also the boucle yarn is difficult to work with; I got frustrated just trying to knit a 4" swatch. Oh well, I'll worry about that next year...I have more than enough projects to keep me occupied until next year!

3:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home