Monday, September 25, 2006

Let the games begin!

I had my four wisdom teeth removed last Monday and thought I'd use the time off from work to catch up on my knitting. Silly me. A post-op diet of antibiotics, Vicodin, jello and ice cream made me too lightheaded to concentrate and so I didn't do as much knitting as I'd hoped to. I did manage to complete my first knitted Christmas gift. Behold:

Alien's completed Kittyville


And look, it has pom-poms!

Pom-poms


Pattern: Kittyville from Stitch n' Bitch by Debbie Stoller
Yarn: Debbie Bliss Double Knit Cashmerino
Needles: 16" US Size 7 Circular

Isn't it adorable? It's for my friend Veronica who I'm sure is going to die when she sees it. It's nice to know I can at least cross that off my Christmas knitting list. Speaking of which, I realized last week that I only have two and a half months in which to finish knitting all my Christmas gifts. Actually, I only have two months because I'd like to mail the gifts in early December so the recipients get them in time for Christmas. Did I mention I'm knitting for 12 people? Damn me and my ambitiousness. Something tells me I will have to either whittle down that list or clear my social calendar for the next couple of months.

1 Comments:

Blogger Nerine said...

i love it

2:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home