Sunday, October 29, 2006

Long time no blog

Remember all that crap I said about not freaking out about my huge pile of Christmas knitting? Yeah, well, that was the denial talking. Or perhaps I was drunk blogging. Whatever it was, it has now disappeared and been replaced by anxiety. And panic. There is absolutely NO way I will be done in time to get these goods shipped off for Christmas. What the hell was I thinking? I'm such a slow knitter that I could have started knitting in January and still not have finished in time. Ok, I'm not that slow but I'm certainly no Eunny, who has the enviable ability to knit sweaters in less than a week. But no worries, I'm still plodding along, hopeful that somehow I'll manage to pull this off. I work better under pressure.

Anyway, it's unlikely I'll be blogging any more than once a week because I'll be spending much of my spare time knitting. Speaking of which, here's this week's progress report:

One half of backyard leaves


That's one half of "Backyard Leaves," off the needles. I haven't made much progress on the other projects, mostly because I've been doing a little bit of work on all of them instead of concentrating on one or two. But I prefer to do it that way because it keeps things interesting and it's more efficient than spending days on a single project while the others languish in my knitting basket.

As for yarn purchases, I bought what Zeb and I agree is the perfect shade of red for his sister Chantal's scarf, which will be "Here and there cables."

Chantal's yarn


The color looks really dark in that photo but I swear that red is possibly the brightest red I've ever seen. It's so bright it hurts my eyes when I'm knitting with it, and that's just a slight exaggeration. According to Kuna, Chantal likes really bright shades of red, so I'm sure she'll be happy with the color choice.

2 Comments:

Blogger schrodinger said...

Oooh, I hope you are not getting too stressed about Christmas knitting. Knitting should be fun - say's me, who has pretty much decided that I might be knitting for um... 2 people this year - LOL.

12:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wonder if that red is red enough?

4:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home